Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Is my brother too ''attached'' to me?

He is 23 and I am 22. We live together. He moved out when he was 17, mostly because our father was way too strict with him but also because he got a great university scholoarship. We have always been really close, maybe too close sometimes but I always thought that is because the way our father was to him (he was physically abused a lot by our dad although he won't admit it, he still claims dad did the best he could) He can't stand me having any life outside of ''ours'' and he is always with me. He kissed me a few times when we were teenagers (not a brotherly kiss), but he didn't do it again because my reaction wasn't ''receptive''. He tells me I am the ''his life'' and that ''he loves me more than anyone else in the world'', etc. and sometimes the things he says are just ''not appropriate''. I love him with all my heart. But I know our relationship isn't healthy. I tried to move out but he got really upset about it and I ended up staying. How do I deal with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment