Sunday, August 14, 2011

Do the Columbus Blue Jackets have what it takes to win a Stanley Cup?

I have followed Columbus for several years and the team is getting better but the Cup in the near future..no. I think Columbus's problems lie with Scott Howson the GM. In my opinion he just does not reach for real reliable players. He's had ok draft picks (Brard, Voracek, etc.) but Columbus has no depth. We have Rick Nash and that's about it. We have a team that has to rely on one player too much. If Nash is not playing well our team crumbles. I would like to see Columbus bring in more solid players. We lack defense as well. We just don't have a solid blueline. I honestly also think Garon needs to be our starter. Mason is a good goalie don't get me wrong but Garon is more consistent. I think we will make the playoffs this year but I don't see us going any farther than the 2nd round.

No comments:

Post a Comment