Monday, August 15, 2011

Want another hunting rifle any suggestions?

Of the suggested cartridges my vote would be for the 7mm Rem Mag. Excellent cartridge. I've taken mule deer and elk and caribou with that caliber. Also used it in Africa on antelope. Ammunition is usually readily available. However, strongly recommend you take up hand loading. when you go hunting you're only going to shoot a few rounds, uming you are a good shot and your rifle is accurate. As for actions, there has been some issues with the Remington 700 series of rifles. I'd stay away from them. Winchester is good and so are most of the other manufacturers. I personally favor the Ruger but their rifles tend to be a bit heavy. I had a 7mm in a 22" barrel and one in a 26" barrel and believe it or not, the 22" barrel was much more accurate so I got rid of the longer barrel. The difference in velocity didn't make much difference. Good hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment